Heaven is For Real is touching my heart in ways not many books have. So far its simple, interesting, but yet powerful. Right now I am at the peek of the book. Its very stressful because there is a lot going on. I seriously can't put down the book... I need to find out what happens to Colton! In my introduction post I shared that I read Colton was in the hospital in the Prologue, but it is much more intense actually reading the Hospital scene for yourself. Before I knew that Colton was sick on the family trip but I didn't know it was going to get this serious. I read in the last chapter that the family had to end their vacation and take him to the Hospital. He had a ruptured appendix.
This meant that he had to go into emergency surgery. When I found out about this I was verty surprised because I thought he just had a virus. My heart melted for his family because I know how scary it can be to have a loved one go into surgery. What I found amazing, was how the family dealt with the news. The first thing they did after he was in the surgery room was to call everyone they knew to pray for him. I thought this was so nice and thoughtful. If I were in Coltons situation I would love it if my parents did that for me.
I thought the turning point of the book was when the Nurse wheeled him away for surgery. This turned the story form a regular story about a Ministers family to a story about Coltons survival. I think anyone would be upset reading this part. What made it extra depressing was when Coltons mom said, "we are never going to see our boy alive again." I was hard not to believe what she said considering how dangerous the surgery was that Colton was entering. I was so relived when I found out that Colton lived and it made me really believe that the praying worked. I think even with out Coltons later stories about going to Heaven and back even his survival is a miricle.
This story will just simply walk up to the door of your heart and quietly knock on it while offering an amazing touching and inspirational story. So far I love this book and would highly recommend it! I am looking forward to reading about Coltons later stories about his trip to Heaven.
Do you think that the movie goes along with the book? Would it have to since it's based off a true story.
ReplyDeleteI have not read the book but I absolutely LOVED the movie. It was probally one of the best movies I have ever seen so maybe, just maybe ill have to pick up the book and read it.
ReplyDeleteI just saw the movie and it was soo good! I really want to read the book now.
ReplyDeleteI haven't read the book yet but, I really want to. I heard the movie was also great and it looks really sad. Do you think that the movie and the book are similar or different? Why?
ReplyDeletemy grandma read this and she really liked it. did the movie follow along with the way the book was written?
ReplyDeleteThat is a really touching story and this book seems kind of interesting. My mom might have read it before. The picture is a great touch.
ReplyDeleteThe Movie is as never as good as the book, never.
ReplyDelete