Monday, May 19, 2014

New Book Tuesdays with Morrie

       I am so exited to start my new book, Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. My mom and sister read this book and recommended it to me. They told me it was a sad book but also very good. I want to read this book because I heard it was from someone's point of view with (ALS). My moms friend was just digonosied with this disorder so I thought it would be nice to read this book.


From the back if the book I learned that Mitch Albom is the book's narrator and recalls his graduation from Brandeis University in the spring of 1979. After he has received his diploma, Mitch approaches his favorite professor, Morrie Schwartz, and presents him with a monogrammed briefcase. While at Brandeis, Mitch takes almost all of the sociology courses Morrie had teaches. He promises Morrie, , that he will keep in touch, though he does not fulfill his promise. Years after Mitch's graduation from Brandeis, Morrie is forced to forfeit dancing, his favorite hobby, because he has been diagnosed with ALS, a debilitating disease that leaves his "soul, perfectly awake, imprisoned inside a limp husk" of a body. Morrie's wife, Charlotte, cares for Morrie, though at his insistence, keeps her job as a professor at M.I.T.
     
     I think I would really like this story from what I read from the back because I can relate to the story (knowing someone with ALS.) I am ready to start reading the book and hope that it will be inspiring and open my eyes like past books have.

No comments:

Post a Comment