I have
noticed throughout my novel that Park and Eleanor are both very complex
characters and reach depths that I have not seen in other books. I have seen
this especially throughout Eleanor’s personality. Because she has such a
troubled home life Eleanor is very emotional and a deep thinker about practically
everything she does. I am seeing that she looks up to Park and wants to be like
him because through her eyes he is perfect, wealthy, kind, and warm hearted.
She wants to be like Park and have everything he has. She wants to live in a
big house, have fancy clothes and lots of friends. This is probably why she
craves to be around him so much. In the novel it always describes that the
moments on the bus that she is around him are the best moments of her life,
this shows how bad her life really is. On the switch side I am seeing that Park
has the same feelings about Eleanor always wanting to be with her. He likes her
because she is different and isn’t afraid to show her true colors to people. I
like the way the book is structured because every chapter it changes back and
forth from Park and Eleanor’s point of view. I like this because I know what each
of the characters are thinking about one another. I am noticing some themes
that are starting to develop. One of which is if you are around positive people
you will have a positive outlook. Parks joyful attitude is clearly feeding off
to Eleanor and she is now not worrying so much about her messed up family and
focusing on more of the positives of life and trying to be happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment